Gallagher hardware and software product warranties exclude the following:
- Product modified or altered without Gallagher’s written authorisation.
- Product which has not been used in accordance with Gallagher’s documentation, installation or operating instructions.
- Product which has been subjected to conditions not in accordance with those specified in Gallagher product specifications, or to unusual electrical or physical stress, fire, lightening, Force Majeure, neglect, contamination by insect or vermin, misuse, abuse, improper storage, testing or connections, power or air conditioning failure, hazardous or unreasonable use, servicing by any third party not authorised by Gallagher to perform such work or servicing, or exposure to airborne contaminants include but not limited to geothermal, chemical, salt spray, local environmental influences etc.
- General wear and tear on all readers is specifically excluded from warranty claims. General wear and tear includes fading or discolouring due to extended exposure to natural elements (e.g. moisture, UV, salt, sand etc).
- Product no longer covered under the applicable warranty period.
- Freight costs to return a product to Gallagher.
- Installation, maintenance or service costs relating to a warranty claim.
- Any incidental or consequential costs or losses associated with the failure of a Gallagher product under warranty.
- Product returned to Gallagher in an un-testable state unrelated to the warranty claim (e.g. reader wiring cut off at the reader base, controller missing connectors unrelated to a fault etc).